Tuesday 7 July 2015

friends and craftiness

Yesterday I got to spend a lovely day with the gisborne and city girls, roped mum in for a day out too. We were missing  a few of the girls sadly but we need some people to represent us in the work force while we were all slacking off. otherwise engaged.
Not much crafting seemed to get done but there was laughing and eating and silliness.
Sue was photo snapper for the day and she has posted some pics on her blog.
I had a lovely surprise from the city girls who brought me a wonderful gift for my neverending birthday.
I had done a great job of hiding it from everyone but once they knew they brought me this lovely clock for my Sewing room.
It's gorgeous..
 it has a sweet pendulum that swings to and fro.
 Here it is in it's perfect place!
 This afternoon Hub who played coffee barista for the girls yesterday, put up the clock for me.
Thankyou so much girls I have been annoyed at not having a clock in my room. Annoyed no more!
It matches well with these gifties from my sister in law. These haven't quite made it to the sewing cave yet. I am enjoying them in the kitchen.
How many crafty friends can you squeeze into a small sewing room?
As many as you want!
 It was quite fun yesterday when all the girls wanted to come in to see my sewing room. I really love my special space. It has lots of reminders of all my crafty friends and non crafty friends, childhood memories-mine and my boys. It is very much me and yesterday it was filled with laughter as we all squished in.
It was a bit quieter in there today, just the gentle ticking of the clock and the steady hum of my sewing machine.
I worked on one of the applique blocks- total....Two of these blocks are now done (minus the leaves) 1 completely done with the leaves and all.

some crochet and applique has been dabbled in too. Do I have an attention issue?
This is what I added a few stitches to yesterday when the girls were here....not many mind you!
Definitely need to get some stitching action happening too....add it to the list.
hope you are having a great week!
marina

24 comments:

  1. What a lovely time you've been having. It's not an attention problem, it's just trying to work on everyhting at once! Lovely gifts, how cute is that clock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marina what a happy lovely post,I reckon I heard you all laughing from my place,lol,lovely clock the girls bought you,Thankyou for sharing your lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you Marina - what a gorgeous clock and so many yummy things in your sewing room. Lovely to spend the days with the girls

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great clock hope you have had a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely friends to continue your birthday celebrations for you.... I love your new clock especially with the pendulum! It sounds fun squeezing them all into your space too. Good to see you aren't being idle, good to have your fingers in many pies☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you all had an awesome time. I looooove your clock, so special. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a fab clock Marina... you'll be able to observe or ignore the time while you sew, depending on your mood!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful clock!! I would love to hear that ticking in my sewing room. We all need a day or six to be special, so enjoy all your celebrations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those girls found the most perfect gift for you. Just love that clock. Nothing nicer than squeezing your friends into the cave and filling it with laughter......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday!! The clock is lovely, and I'm sure the best part of it is having the friends who gave it to you! :-) Have a wonderful week!! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great gift from your friends. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the clock. It's fabulous. I've missed having a clock since i lost my sewing room. The little space i created to sew in doesn't have room for a clock sadly. Love the stitchery. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous clock. It looks great hanging in your sewing room, Marina.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i saw Sue's photo's and it looked a wonderful day out... love the clock.. perfect... so you obviously didn't get the craft disease shots either.... hmmmm
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic time keeper! Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Was wonderful to catch up with you all on Monday....we had the best day!! Your clock is beautiful and looks very at home on your wall!! I don't think I even saw you stitching, you were too busy making cups of tea and coffee!! Thank you for being an amazing hostess once again...booking in for the next school holidays!! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are lovely gifts. Why not have a never ending birthday!
    Good to see some sewing squeezed in the middle of all the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow what a fantastic clock, perfect for a sewing room! Clever you doing machine appliqué, have to admit I am hopeless at it.
    Happy Birthday, looks like it was a very happy one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful clock and a lovely gift. Just perfect for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. WoW ,what a lovely clock you have from youre friends.
    And applique withthe sewing machien, perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great clock to hang in your room.
    Glad that you all had a wonderful day together. Sorry to miss this one.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fabulous clock! Always fun to have the girls over.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just love love love that clock. How lucky are you. A top gift!!!

    ReplyDelete

What is new....

 Now that a few projects have been completed and delegated to different quilters I can share my new projects. It was not easy finding the in...